After EcoVadis has assessed the CSR management of a supplier (EcoVadis calls them “members”), the EcoVadis Premium Report on a supplier’s CSR management strongly reflects on about 15 pages what that supplier had presented to EcoVadis. But there are suppliers who hide their EcoVadis Premium Report from their own employees even though their CSR had been awarded with “Silver” or “Gold” by EvoVadis. One possible reason: These suppliers might be afraid, that their own employees could scrutinize the report with their insider knowledge. Consequently, you can’t really count on “Gold” ratings and “Silver” ratings, if awarded suppliers hide their EcoVadis Premium Report from their own employees
Therefore I came up with the “Platinum CSR Award”: Suppliers who disclose the EcoVadis Premium Report on their CSR management at least to their own employees, deserve credit (admittedly no real platinum, sorry). They, and of course those who publish the report in the internet, deserve a Platinum CSR Award.
Suppliers that prove their credibility by openly publishing their report in the internet of course have a top-notch attitude towards CSR – even if they didn’t receive a “Gold” award. A company with a “Silver” award and a openly disclosed EcoVadis Premium Report is much more credible that a “Gold” awarded supplier that hides the Premium Report.
- 3M in Germany, Austria and Switzerland discloses the EcoVadis Premium Report together with a comment to interested Employees and their representatives. (“Der Report wird interessierten Mitarbeitern (inkl. Betriebsrat) mit einem Begleitkommentar zur Verfügung gestellt.”)
- Aarts Plastics (Q:”Does AartsPlastic make the EcoVadis Premium Report available to their employees?” A:“we haven’t done so far but that’s an excellent idea!”)
- Atlinks (All employee representatives of that Alcatel company have authorization at Sharepoint for reading the EcoVadis Premium Report.)
- BCD Travel (“We do disclose the overall result but the whole report is extensive, so it’s upon request.”)
- CMGRP Deutschland
- Dahmen Personalservice (good download page)
- Endress+Hauser (excellent website)
- Gill Thorpe (Q:”Does Gill Thorpe disclose the EcoVadis report to the public – or at least to the own employees?” A:“Certainly do – that’s what drives our team for year on year improvement”)
- Julius vom Hofe
- Hamburg Südamerikanische Dampfschifffahrts-Gesellschaft KG (Hamburg Süd Group)
(“Wir veröffentlichen den Report nicht im Internet, sehr wohl wird der Bericht an interessierte Mitarbeiter weitergegeben.” They don’t publish the report in the Internet, but disclose it to interested employees.)
- MENWAY (report is disclosed to interested employees)
- Palladio Zannini Plants
- PGM Logistica
- SGS GROUP (disclosure to all employees on request)
- Who else?
The list probably is not complete. Sorry.
If you think that these companies are courageous, then please think again.
Actually, these companies simply are smart.